Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Mike Buckley wrote

Right now Gorilla Gaming appears attractive enough to hoards of people, enough so that I believe the attraction (even when completely misunderstood) plays a part in the unprecedented rise in certain high-tech stocks. But the very people who feel the pressure (so to speak) to buy now before the "new investing paradigm" fully values or overvalues the stocks are the same people who will be the first to abandon the tenets of Gorilla Gaming when the economy tanks and maybe when the first bit of disappointing news that Rule #10 tells us to ignore is released. When that happens, those who have the talent and discipline to act according to the principles the authors provide us, one of the most important being to do so in the the longest of long terms, will be richly rewarded beyond traditional expectations of increased net worth.

I certainly agree that many will abandon the strategy during a major correction, but the first point you made is also in play: the extent to which the market will overvalue chimps and undervalue gorillas (i.e., regress toward the mean) should lessen as more investors understand the power of gorillas. Also, the percentage of investors pouring money into tech who also are aware of the gorilla game has to be pretty small, but your point still holds.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.