No. of Recommendations: 0
Mike, don't mean to beat a dead horse, but...

I originally posted my query both here and on the tax board (wasn't sure which was more appropriate).

Someone there indicated that their attorney advised them that they had to file form 1041 (reporting $0 income) for what appears to be a similar situation. Is this just a difference in interpretation? Or do some lawyers just take an ultra-conservative view? Or should I inquire directly of my lawyer?

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.