No. of Recommendations: 1
Mike--it's a WONDERFUL idea--I say DO IT!!

We live in the NYC area and have taken many cruises just because they're so cheap when they're on special and there's no hassle with airports, etc, it's a resort that is much easier to get to than a resort.

Mostly we travel Carnival, but just because of the price. We prefer (so far) NCL, which also goes out of NYC.

I highly recommend Travelzoo--they link to many other travel sites, but just list the best bargains. If you have some time to plan, you should sign up for their Wednesday best of the week newsletter.

That's where we found the 8-day cruise for $400 each including port taxes etc. And then they upgraded us to a balcony room--we were in heaven!

If you don't play too much bingo, or sign up for too many tours in port, there are really no hidden costs and I think if you look carefully, you should be able to find what you're looking for at the budget you have in mind.

Good luck!
Best,
AB
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.