Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Mike,
Thanks for the link. It's a helpful site. The impression I'm getting from the posts on this thread is that the consensus is that the e-marketplace space and the SCM space will eventually converge into one direct procurement/SCM/collaberation space in which these current separate offerings will be integrated features of one offering. It seems to me CMRC has the lead in e-marketplace functionality and acceptance and CMRC/SAP are trying to fill in the SCM piece, while the opposite is true for ITWO. But what about the further linkage into an enterprise's ERP systems. As mentioned in my earlier post, one thing that SAP/CMRC has is SAP's ERP huge installed base. Thus, CMRC has a strong ERP, weaker SCM, and strong e-marketplace potentially further integrated package, whereas ITWO has weak ERP, strong SCM, and weaker e-marketplace (at least in terms of current penetration) offering. Does anyone know whether and the extent the ERP link is being integrated into current B2B offerings, and/or any opinions on the importance of this potential link? Also, granted that SCM might have higher switching costs than an e-marketplace application, but if there is ultimately going to be convergence/integration of these features, isn't the name of the game marketshare as we transition from bowling alley to tornado, and doesn't CMRC's SAP relationship give them a huge leg up if SAP is able to continue use its ERP gorilla power to push the SAP/CMRC offering. Ofcourse, if this is how it works out CMRC is part of the value chain and SAP is the gorilla.
Thoughts.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.