Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
@Mike

Thanks for your wise words:
"…If a position grows to 10% or larger and you have no idea what kind of price/value proposition you're looking at, you're setting yourself up for quite a lot of risk. On the other hand, if a position grew to 15% or larger, but you were doing a conservative valuation where you were comfortable with your estimate that the company was still trading below fair value, then it might make sense to continue holding or even add more."

This is the core dilemma in my investing. It is normally easier to short the bad performing stocks than decide how high the top performers keep running. I do not have neither enough knowledge yet nor time to study all my stocks. I have difficulty to follow one of the main advice of the TMF to buy stock and keep it running long for indefinite time. Particularly if stocks drops 50% or more. In my investing horizon of 5 – 7 years I get worried that the stock will not recover in that period.

I follow the advice of the experienced “Fools” so I have inscribe myself to the discussion boards of the specific stocks and the boards related to the investment strategies. I keep learning.

Thanks for your wise advice.
Regards,
Jozef
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.