No. of Recommendations: 9
Mike,

There was nothing simple about his question or his cynicism. Yes I am a successful trader (as in makes money). I am also a successful writer. Why should I give one up for the other? Writing improves my trrading performance and trading improves my writing. A symbiotic relationship.

But once again, I have to state that it is a major misconception that there is any entitlement to why I do things the way I do. I'm not forcing anyone to read what I write. Your decision to take it or leave it. The bottom line is I set myself up as a target for anaonymous webbies because I'm so accessible. Industry friends, some of the best traders and most respected names in the business, tell me I'm crazy to still participate on the stock boards where there is so little respect or common courtesy offered among the locals.

I am planning on my retirement from the boards, which really disturbs me. I've always needed these places as a trader, rarely promoted my own stuff or tooted my horn, and try to be a good contributor. But I'm not about to become a conveient target for anyone.

Alan
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.