No. of Recommendations: 2
Mike,

You did indeed asked some tough questions.

Peruse the following with respect to the StockCharts Technical Rank (SCTR). Prefer 90 and above.

http://stockcharts.com/school/doku.php?st=%2B%5Bsctr%2B%3E%2...

whittle down the stocks produced from the scans as explained before, you have to raise the volume amount and the dollar amount and the SCTR to 95-99 (start with 95, if still to big, try 96 etc.)to make the list appear smaller.

Another scan to use
- - - - - - - - -
Scan 19 C - 20/200 EMA Bullish crossover

[type = stock] AND [country = US] AND [Daily EMA(5,Daily Volume) > 500000]
//and [SCTR > 90]
AND [Daily EMA(20,Daily Close) > 10] AND [Daily EMA(20,Daily Close) crosses Daily EMA(200,Daily Close)]

- -- - - - - - -

Did you click on the PLUS sign (+) as shown in the tutorial?

I believe you didn't insert the 3 charts that you want to use. The result was the standard stockcharts default chart.

It has been over 5 years since I used the chart setup and the Stockcharts have a piss poor setup procedure that was written by programmers and not the average person. If I can re-figure it out, I'll write it down with paper and pencil.

I am not a programmer by any means and know only enough to get by. As far as your request to combine the scans, I wouldn't know how to do it.

Quill -
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.