Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 11
First, you must be active duty, retired military or authorized Department of Defense (DOD) civilian and have a valid DOD ID card.

There is a campground directory called "Military RV, Camping and Outdoor Recreation around the world."
Their web site is

Or, you could email them at

Prices in these parks are very reasonable, much less than civilian parks. And, since we all know that the military scoops up prime real estate, many bases are located on the ocean or lakes.

Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.