Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
On my W-4, I have always been told to claim no exemptions in order to make sure I get a return instead of owing at the end of the tax year. (I am single with no kids) I recently have been elightened to the idea of getting more along the way that I can invest rather than getting the lump sum at the end of the year. Do I go ahead and claim one exemption for myself? How can I do this to keep from paying at the end of the year? Any advce on how to figure this out would be greatly appreciated.
Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.