Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Interesting poll at the end of the article, although everyone has an opinion.

https://petapixel.com/2018/03/14/death-dslrs-near/
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
I have no plans to replace my Nikon right now, nor in the foreseeable future. It's still relatively new, and more than adequate for my purposes. If I were a pro that might be different, but I'm not.

If I ever do need to replace it I'll learn about mirrorless then. Right now it would just be a temptation I wouldn't indulge. :-)
No. of Recommendations: 1
Good article, but I can't rationalize changing ships to mirrorless in my future.. I suspect our iPhones are already the mirrorless solution... Pretty mind boggling already with my 8+, the newer ones even more so as multi-lens and it's software, graphics processors multiply their processing.. Raw in an iPhone!

And our kids, grandkids soak it all up, may never see where it began...
I'm keeping my Nikon/Nikkor and waiting for a mirrorless F-mount. Nikon??? Luv to use my manual primes on another body. Most started on film, went digital and the next gen(?)... Good glass makes for great images.
No. of Recommendations: 2
Good glass makes for great images.

Ahmen
Good glass is, sadly, pricey! That first D70, I bought as a Body only, then added a 24-120mm and a 12-24mm lens to my made up kit.. 24-120mm was decent, but I did pay a chunk for the 12-24mm lens. The 24-120mm lens motor died, past warranty, so I moved on... The 12-24 is still solid, but lightly used.. But it doesn't eat much, so it's still in the lens case.. I took all my lenses out a while back, surprising how many there were.. If my GD had gone Nikon, I'd have gladly shared the wealth.. BIL is a Nikon guy, maybe he needs to... Oops, forgot, he lost everything in the firestorm, so, yes, he needs a refill...