===================
Buy QCOM on Jan 1
Buy INTC on Jan 1
Buy CSCO on Jan 1
Buy JDSU on Jan 1
Buy NTAP on Jan 1

Hold througout
Who did better???

Check back in a year and even though I do not believe in ELON I strongly bet on the first group.

I respect the bible BUT too much is too much! The nature of the game has changed IMHO.

Best of luck buying shares of any company on January 1. <ggg>

Whether we use the time frame of seeing which stocks did better YTD or as you suggest 'check back in a year' - they both qualify as short term time frames for gorilla gaming. I would rather check back in many years to draw any concrete affirmative conclusions. It takes time to accumulate wealth and any attempt to try and condense that process takes on the kind of risk that moves one out of investing and into gambling.

I happen to like the prospects for both groups of companies you listed above over the next several years. Could you explain how you view the nature of the game has changed in your opinion?

BB

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.