Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
I see there was no gathering on Friday nite. I couldn't have made it, turns out. I called Cavey before leaving the Springs.

My 12 year old son, Chris, was involved in a one car accident back in NH on Friday. Fortunately, he escaped with just a fractured thumb and some bumps & bruises. His school buddy, Max, didn't fare so well. He bit his tongue severely and the seatbelt caught him across his throat, damaging his larynx. He (Max) was taken to the large regional medical center run by Darthmouth University for observation and testing. Appears he'll be OK, and will be home for Christmas. Max's mom (the driver) suffered a few cuts, but is also OK. Apparently, while driving the boys to school, she hit a patch of ice/snow on a rural road and slammed into a tree. Everybody was buckled in, and it looks like it could have been a lot worse.
Chris still plans on flying out here to Colorado tomorrow (woo-hoo!) for the holidays. Thank God he's OK!!

So, that's why I couldn't get to Denver last nite. I'll try to make it up after the first of the year.....maybe we could shoot for Friday, the 3rd??

Yoda
*Relieved Dad*
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.