Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 15
Well, here we go...

Mississippi's attorney general told the Supreme Court on Thursday that Roe v. Wade was "egregiously wrong" and should be overturned as she urged the justices to allow a controversial law that bars most abortions after 15 weeks to go into effect.

"The conclusion that abortion is a constitutional right has no basis in text, structure, history, or tradition" state Attorney General Lynn Fitch told the justices in a new brief, launching the opening salvo in the most important abortion-related dispute the court has heard in decades.

Well, let's see if all the justices who said Roe was "settled law" were lying when they were questioned by Congress.

https://www.cnn.com/2021/07/22/politics/mississippi-roe-v-wa...
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
One way or another, the right will keep making it harder and harder for women to control their own bodies.
Be better for the country if Roe v Wade were over turned.

It will not happen. Not because the justices have any honor, they don’t, it is because it is useful for those in control to keep labor divided against itself.

If Roe v Wade is over turned, I will not be able to predict the outcome. My best guess is “Fascinating”

https://youtu.be/cFods1KSWsQ

Cheers
Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 1
If Roe v Wade is over turned, I will not be able to predict the outcome.

I think I can. Abortion remains legal in blue and some purple states. Women who can afford to travel get abortions in those states or other countries. Poor women either have unwanted babies or get illegal abortions in their own states. More women die--not just from illegal abortion, but from pregnancy and childbirth, which are far more dangerous than abortion, from suicide, from stress-related conditions. The percentage of the population that is poor rises.
I think I can. Abortion remains legal in blue and some purple states. Women who can afford to travel get abortions in those states or other countries. Poor women either have unwanted babies or get illegal abortions in their own states

Extremely simple predictions. If abortions are truly important to women, then women will
change the laws in the states that ban abortion. The fact is, right now a politician can wax theological about the sanctity of life without working on practical aspects of living.

If they are not important, then we can quit talking about it and start working on giving women control of their bodies by getting rid of right to work (for less) laws.

When a politician can say anything about a subject and vote for anything about a subject knowing there are no practical consequences, they do. When their laws make it difficult for their daughter to terminate an unviable pregnancy, things start looking different.

If we are going to have a snowballs chance in Houston of continuing this country, we must have more emphasis on the state
elections than on the national. The state is where the power is, the state is where the constitution designed the power to be. Roe v Wade bent that power. Getting rid of Roe v Wade refocuses the political energy.

Cheers
Qazulight

Be better for the country if Roe v Wade were over turned.

I have come to the same conclusion - and RBG once said basically the same thing.

If we ever want this to be "settled law" then it needs to happen from the ground up, not the top down.

Would look like the dog that caught the bumper of a bus.
No. of Recommendations: 12
If abortions are truly important to women, then women will
change the laws in the states that ban abortion.

What?!

If a safety net is truly important to Americans, then Americans will change the laws in the states to add those features??? Er...NO. FDR more or less imposed his very enlightened will--and Thank God for that.

If voting is truly important to non-Republicans, then non-Republicans will
change the laws in the states that suppress the vote? Well, we're trying, but without the support of SCOTUS (including 2 stolen trump seats-), with the rural-state lean of the senate, and gerrymandering, this is one sticky wicket.

The majority of Americans want many things we can't get because of greedy, power-hungry corporate interests/Republicans.

PS--Have you ever had an unwanted pregnancy? No? Well, then...
WTF do abortion rights and labor law have to do with each other?

If you cannot understand the relationship of woman having the right to her own body and the right to the wealth that same body produces I cannot communicate with you.

Qazulight
No. of Recommendations: 7
Women who can afford to travel get abortions in those states or other countries.

Watch for red states to pass laws against this and women to get arrested as soon as they return home.
No. of Recommendations: 4
gazu,

“… start working on giving women control of their bodies…”.

It is a fiction that anyone can “give” that to us. We have always owned it, in spite of the narratives some have constructed. In other words, it is not yours to give.
It is a fiction that anyone can “give” that to us. We have always owned it, in spite of the narratives some have constructed. In other words, it is not yours to give.

You are correct. No one can give freedom, it must be taken.

On the other hand, one can quite easily loose the ability, if not the right to what they wish, or not with their bodies, or the wealth that they might create.

This ability, which is an Inalienable right, must be held by force of mind and often physical force.

Cheers
Qazulight