No. of Recommendations: 32
...as they say in Arkansas, "As long as we got Mississippi, we'll never be last."

http://www.clarionledger.com/viewart/20130104/NEWS/301040018...

A fifth Republican-led state, Mississippi, may yet win approval. However, the administration’s decision is complicated by a dispute between Republican state officials. The governor does not want to participate, while the insurance commissioner does.

“We are waiting on (Health and Human Services) to tell us what they are going to do,” said Mississippi Insurance Commissioner Mike Chaney. “I think they’ve got until (Jan.) 21 to give approval. We were one of the last to submit our blueprint.

“I had told the governor I would wait as long as I could after the election to submit it, which I did. … But I told the governor I’m going to submit it unless you can give me a good reason not to. He said he just doesn’t trust the feds. I said, ‘Look, then why would you want them to come down here and run it? If we give it over to the feds, then it’s all over with.’ It’s a tough situation. I don’t want to get in a contest with (the governor).”

Bryant objects to the federal health law and has sent two letters to Health and Human Services Secretary Kathleen Sebelius trying to block Chaney’s proposal.

“(Bryant) didn’t copy me on that letter. ... He’s known we’ve had the authority since 2009 to do this,” Chaney said. “He was lieutenant governor when the enabling legislation was passed. ... This would be a nightmare to try to operate without cooperation from other state agencies. I don’t know what’s going to happen.”

</snip>

GOP Tea-Bagging in the deep Mississippi ooze -- Priceless.

intercst
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
It's no coincidence that Mississippi also has the lowest educational standards. The semi-literate population doesn't grasp complex thinking.
No. of Recommendations: 0
It's no coincidence that Mississippi also has the lowest educational standards. The semi-literate population doesn't grasp complex thinking.

I have to admit, among the things I regularly find most amusing about liberals and their inability to use a mirror or reflect on reality on any meaningful way is these type of posts

Liberals could not win a job as dogcatcher without the dumbest voters in each state choosing their candidate in an incredibly overwhelming fashion.
No. of Recommendations: 4
I deal with people from Mississippi all the time.

If it wasn't part of the US it would be a third world country and I mean that literally.

You have a clique of ruling families, a tiny middle class, and rural poverty on a par with any in the world.
No. of Recommendations: 0
Goof,

The state's population is only about 3M so it's little wonder that a relative few run the place (with the accompanying problems of nepotism and such). It's also a case of ignorance begetting ignorance. Back in the day, the computer science profs were being asked why cards and card readers were still being used. The reply? When we talk with legislators they can understand things if we talk about how many cards we process, but their eyes glaze over if we say things like "lines of code". They can see what a card looks like.

On the other hand, it's a state of hard working people. If the job starts at 8, look for folks to be there at 7:30 -- and to ask if they can come in even earlier. People are very family oriented and, unlike places such as the Northeast, you'll find people talking more about what they and their families did over the weekend rather than going on and on about how many hours they worked during the weekend. Also, you'd be hard pressed to find a place with more religious tolerance.
No. of Recommendations: 1
Mississippi -- Our Most Tea-Bag Savvy State
==========================================

Tea-Bagging is a practice which free-loving, anything-goes liberals are more likely to engage in than folks from Mississippi.