No. of Recommendations: 0
Look, I'm fine with rivals being on the same team - that's politics, that's fine.

So I'm here pondering Mitt is frontrunner for prestigious SecState. Now Nikki Haley gets U.N Ambassador.

Palin - gets nothing. Kellyanne Conway nicely says that Palin isn't being considered for anything.

As far as rivals, I recall Mitt not just endorsing Trump's opponent, but Mitt went full gangster against Trump and attacked Trump more than he EVER attacked Obama even. Nikki was also pretty strident in her repudiations.

So they might get jobs, and Palin - who was with Trump even before it was cool to do so, gets nothing.

PART of me is pleased that Trump is trying to pick people based on merit - and Mitt has PLENTY! Trump's perogative to leave Palin out.

BUT - - when scandals, conflicts of interests, and other crap comes out.....Trump's new friends will NOT back him up. Democrats won't back him up. The Palins of the world would've.

I hope Donald knows that. Once the honeymoon, and the 1st 100 days of 52% approval ratings are done -- that job can be very lonely.

jediG
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
...Trump is trying to pick people based on merit...

Bannon, Sessions, Pompeo, Flynn, possibly Guiliani --- MERIT???

You're joking, right?

Christina
...Trump is trying to pick people based on merit...

You're joking, right?

Christina

Holder, Lynch, Rice, Van Jones, V. Jarrret...now that is comedy.

W

You're joking, right?

Christina

Seriously?

Do folks on the left actually believe those folks are not accomplished?

Now, I understand disagreeing, but not accomplished, aka having merit in positions?

That is really very silly
keep your friends close and your enemies closer...
You're joking, right?

Christina

Flynn would have been a great guy for Obama to listen to. It certainly would have made his legacy good instead of abysmal.

Don;t forget the power-hungry mob that Obama had for picks, including one of the most corrupt Justice Departments in decades. IRS, HUD, etc...

Chicago politics didn't make you sick?
I didn't say all of his picks were based on merit.

I was talking about potential picks like Mitt - - people who madly opposed him, yet also have something good to offer and Trump is considering them.

Yes, he's picked some people as reward for supporting him.

That's the first time in history that ever happened.

LOL

jediG