Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 14
MJK--

Sure! Glad you asked.

My existing IRA account is the account used at my old business, Complete Growth Investor, for the real money portfolio, and managed entirely by others, with no control or input from me since April 30. As if I had given it to a hedge fund, say. It was how I achieved the 2003-early 2010 record that was shown as part of the Special Ops launch.

Put another way, I no longer have any operational control in CGI LLC and am a passive owner only. I work 100% for YOU and with the team. But I obviously can't take my account away as it serves as the real money behind the portfolio there run by other people.

The most ethical behavior is for me to be invested alongside you in every stock. Because my money cannot be moved from CGI, therefore, I should open a new account, invest new money with each paycheck, and invest it entirely alongside the Special Ops port.

But it's not only ethical, lol, it's self-interested. This is how I invest. This is where I want my own money. I want to make you money, and how better than to make me too! :-)

I hope you agree with me that this further puts us on the same team and makes sure I have 100% skin in the game when as portfolio manager and Lead Advisor I make a trade. It's about us being together as long-term investors in long-term relationships. And the best trust builds the best relationships.

Sound good?

Best, Tom
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.