Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Mmmmm, maybe.

Yup, I've seen the lists, the graphics, online, at Wikipedia and elsewhere. They don't align with the figures given in 1&2 Kings, 2 Chronicles. I suspect that's mostly because of co-regencies and partly because of the way the years may have been reckoned.

What I'm interested in is how to align the numbers in the biblical books on the kings' reigns with what you see online, perhaps--more specifically, with what's presented in the magazine Biblical Archaeological Review, where the figures are similar, probably, with what's online.

I'm looking for the reputable source or sources that explain the convergence of the biblical regnal year numbers with the scholarly research on them that assigns absolute dates that are generally accepted to them. I suppose I could check out all of the references at Wikipedia, but I'm looking for a shortcut: which books of Kitchen, Albright, e.g.?
Sr
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.