Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 11
Call me Itchypants. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on TV, I thought I would shuffle about a little and see the porcelain ship. It is a way I have of driving off the spleen and regulating the circulation. Whenever I find myself growing grim about the mouth; whenever it is a damp, drizzly November in my soul; whenever I find myself involuntarily pausing before secluded bushes, and picking up the moist rear of every pants I own; and especially whenever my hypos get such an upper hand of me, that it requires a strong moral principle to prevent me from deliberately stepping into the street, and methodically crafting mud biscuits- then, I account it high time to get to the goblin seat as soon as I can. This is my substitute for clenching and worry. With a philosophical flourish Cato throws himself upon his sword; I quietly take to the throne. There is nothing surprising in this. If they but knew it, almost all men in their degree, some time or other, cherish very nearly the same feelings towards the one-holer with me.

Moby Pants

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.