Skip to main content
Update
Non-financial boards have been closed.

Non-financial boards have been closed but will continue to be accessible in read-only form. If you're disappointed, we understand. Thank you for being an active participant in this community. We have more community features in development that we look forward to sharing soon.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 2
http://www.investigativeproject.org/3756/moderate-new-jersey...

New Jersey Gov. Chris Christie's favorite imam believes that the producer of an online video insulting the Muslim prophet Muhammad should be prosecuted criminally.

Americans enjoy free speech, but "have no right" to mock things holy to Islam, Mohamed Qatanani, imam at the Islamic Center of Passaic County told The Blaze in an interview published Monday.

"My position is that White House has to say strong in its condemnation [of the filmmakers] and take this person to court," Qatanani said. "If he is innocent, we will accept that… The government has strong case against this person."

Qatanani has a history of Hamas support and was related by marriage to a leading Hamas operative in the West Bank. He is due to return to a New Jersey immigration court in November for a rehearing in a deportation case based upon his failure to disclose this when he sought a green card in 1999. An appellate board determined his original hearing was flawed.
----------------------------------------------------
I heard he's nice.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
"Qatanani has a history of Hamas support and was related by marriage to a leading Hamas operative in the West Bank. He is due to return to a New Jersey immigration court in November for a rehearing in a deportation case based upon his failure to disclose this when he sought a green card in 1999. An appellate board determined his original hearing was flawed."

They need to ship his ass back to the West Bank or wherever the hell he's from... PRONTO! And then put a black mark in his passport saying he's not allowed back in this country.

Artie
No. of Recommendations: 1
They need to ship his ass back to the West Bank or wherever the hell he's from... PRONTO! And then put a black mark in his passport saying he's not allowed back in this country.

Artie
-----------------------------------------------
Oh, there's another topic we could talk about if we were neighbors, muslim nutjobs.
"Oh, there's another topic we could talk about if we were neighbors, muslim nutjobs." - 2828

I don't care if the guy is a Muslim Nutjob only I would prefer that he be a Muslim fundamentalist back in his own country rather than here because I would prefer not to live in a country where you can't make jokes about religion because let's face it, some religious jokes are funny.

I was watching Lisa Kudrow on her show about being a talk therapist and Rosie O'Donnell was on it and she was saying she was working with Catholic charities and Rosie asked Lisa Kudrow if she had read "Catholicism for Dummies". It was funny! It had a double meaning and it made me laugh. So see, Rosie was making fun of Catholics even though she is a catholic, like catholics are dummies or something. Oh well, you had to be there.

By the way, way back when I was single I took one of my girlfriends, the dairy farmer's daughter, to a hockey game in Atlanta, GA. I liked it. Lots of action and all that so I think I could enjoy watching hockey but probably not on TV but going to a hockey game in the sports arena was pretty fun, especially when your with a pretty girl.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 2
Oh, there's another topic we could talk about if we were neighbors, muslim nutjobs

Art and I got along swimmingly. We just avoided politics. Linda called when I was there and she even said "hi" to me - indirectly, of course.
No. of Recommendations: 0
"Art and I got along swimmingly. We just avoided politics. Linda called when I was there and she even said "hi" to me - indirectly, of course." - wolverine

The truth is that I care very little about politics. It's just not that important to me. I don't think about it talk about it because I don't care. I really honest to god don't. I have a difficult time understanding why other people find it so fascinating. It bores me to tears. I role my eyes when Linda can't stop herself from saying something about Obama. I just figure she's in love with the guy so she's got to talk about him. Sort of along the same lines as why a middle school girl will keep talking about some boy at school she has a crush on.

Art
No. of Recommendations: 5
Americans enjoy free speech, but "have no right" to mock things holy to Islam, Mohamed Qatanani, imam at the Islamic Center of Passaic County told The Blaze in an interview published Monday.

All I have to say to this towel head is "#%#& you. Return to the Muslim crap hole country that you came from."

Mike
I would prefer not to live in a country where you can't make jokes about religion because let's face it, some religious jokes are funny.

Like the one about the Pope and Raquel Welch in a lifeboat together... "No, I said hand me the buoys."
The truth is that I care very little about politics. It's just not that important to me. I don't think about it talk about it because I don't care. I really honest to god don't. I have a difficult time understanding why other people find it so fascinating. It bores me to tears. I role my eyes when Linda can't stop herself from saying something about Obama. I just figure she's in love with the guy so she's got to talk about him. Sort of along the same lines as why a middle school girl will keep talking about some boy at school she has a crush on.

Art

I didn't watch any of either the Repub or the Dem National Convention, but I have actually made a date with myself to watch the debate Wednesday night. I guess I'm ever so slightly more interested in politics than you are, Art. <grin>

But that's where I draw the line. I'm not watching any sports games.
No. of Recommendations: 0
The truth is that I care very little about politics. It's just not that important to me. I don't think about it talk about it because I don't care

That's because Art, you currently don't "perceive" anybody TAKING your savings or income or whatever. Or really hampering your way of life.

The minute the gov't outlaws your shooting squirrels in your backyard, or outlaws the meat from the groceries that you love to eat, or confiscates your money and savings outright....or a number of other possible things....yes, when that stuff that you care about is at stake, then....then I foresee you taking your rifle and hunting down politicians in their front yard Message boards will not be enough for you. At this point, you just don't "appreciate" the potential threat yet. At some point in the future, you just may.

Many on this board simply recognize the threat before it gets to the "boiling point".
"I didn't watch any of either the Repub or the Dem National Convention, but I have actually made a date with myself to watch the debate Wednesday night. I guess I'm ever so slightly more interested in politics than you are, Art. <grin>" - Andrew

I've actually been asked to record the Presidential debate on Wednesday night. Uggghhhh! SIL is visiting, staying with Mi-ma, and she asked Bonnie to ask me to record the debate. I guess because they will go to Church Wednesday night. Luckily we have three TV's so I don't have to actually watch it while it's being recorded.

----------------

"But that's where I draw the line. I'm not watching any sports games." - andrew

I wish I did like sports more. It's such a masculine guy thing to talk about sports and it promotes commraderie and all that but the truth is that it bores me to tears also. I've tried and tried to watch Georgia Bulldog football but I can only stand it for a few minutes before I wander into the kitchen and start cooking or something. Not even Georgia Football. My brother and Linda love UGA football. A whole bunch of us graduated from there. I just can't get into sports.

I went on a date one time to an ice hockey game in Atlanta, Georgia. I sort of enjoyed it but I think I was anticipating what was going to happen after the game.

Artie
"That's because Art, you currently don't "perceive" anybody TAKING your savings or income or whatever. Or really hampering your way of life.

The minute the gov't outlaws your shooting squirrels in your backyard, or outlaws the meat from the groceries that you love to eat, or confiscates your money and savings outright....or a number of other possible things....yes, when that stuff that you care about is at stake, then....then I foresee you taking your rifle and hunting down politicians in their front yard Message boards will not be enough for you. At this point, you just don't "appreciate" the potential threat yet. At some point in the future, you just may.

Many on this board simply recognize the threat before it gets to the "boiling point"." - aolf

---------------------

I think ya'll get way too worked up about this stuff. Like Chicken Little saying "the sky is falling, the sky is falling!"

Anyway the pendulum swings back and forth every few years in this country. Things go too far in either direction and there's usually a change a coming.

Artie