Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
MoneySlob I like your posts, I always have. And I am intrigued because we do things so differently. Right now I am approximately 95% invested with no other assets. No rental property, home equity, etc.... I can't time the market, not going to try, so we just have enough cash to ride things out for several years if/when the economy goes into the port-a-john.

I am at +66% after being at +84% just a week or so ago. Unreal. Best year ever. I don't understand it, but over the past few years I have tried to winnow the holdings down to a more concentrated portfolio. We are at 14 holdings now down from 47.

Our lifestyle has changed in the last couple of weeks. We got back to the US from South America on June 22. Bought a truck and a camper (the kind that fits in the bed) and now we are just nomads. In Colorado now where I work part time for free helping my brother-in-law rent inner tubes in the Yampa river. I'm not online all the time anymore. Some days I see the internet some days I don't. Sometimes wifey is using the hotspot so my connection speed is slow its not worth bothering.

I still catch up on the message boards and the investment news, but if I miss a week of it I'm not too worried.

See you in the funny papers, or on the boards if there is an appreciable difference. ;-)

Take care!

Jeb
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.