Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 10
I missed the update last month because of the holidays. For those of you who haven't read my prior posts, here is a quick synopsis of what this is about.

I read the Captains post about covered calls last summer and decided to see if I could create a steady income flow using his methodology. Starting on September 1, I've been tracking my progress against a set of goals. My main goal is to create an income selling covered calls of 2% per week. I follow the Captains lead of selling covered calls on Monday of each week with an expiration date of Friday of the same week. I don't need the income at this point so the goal is to increase the portfolio by 2% compounded weekly. This translates to 9% compounded per month.

Here is the summary of where I'm at presently. As of the end of January, the port is up 42.5% which is 7.3% per month. Not quite the 9% I'm looking for, but not bad. I've created some rules as I've gone along and I'm doing better the more I go forward.

I'm also going to track the YTD increase. The port was up 19.4% in January.

My current open trades are BLNK, QS, PLTR, and AMC. Before everyone goes crazy about AMC it's only ~5% of the port.

I consider a trade closed once the stock has been assigned. Until then I consider it open and continue to sell options. I closed 8 trades the last 2 months and 7 of them were profitable. The one trade that was a loser only lost 0.7%.

Captain, if you happen to read this, I've really enjoyed the Beat Kathie thread. I always thought that the power distribution was a law of nature, I never had anyone else call it that until I saw your post. You are 100% correct. It applies to almost everything. The last couple of months have been crazy busy. I hope to have more time coming up to devote to reading more on the Ark.

I didn't get very detailed this month, but I don't have a lot of time, and didn't want to miss posting 2 months in a row.

Thanks for reading,

Darryl
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.