Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
1.) KCI records Foreign Currency Losses and Gains. Do I just include these in expenses or do I need to re-calculate taxes? Right now, I determine the effective tax rate (taxes/total revenue), add or subtract the Foreign Currency loss/gain to net revenue, and recalculate the income taxes.

I think this is a non-cash charge, so I am not really sure what to do.

2.) Do I include the current installment of LT Debt and Current installment of Capital Lease obligations in the calculation of working capital investment? If not, can someone give me some idea why not?

3.) What about unusual charges or revenue, like Initial public offering expenses, recapitalization expenses, or Litigation settlements?

The litigation is not that unusual, there have been three cases, 2002, 2003 which resulted in awards, and 2005 which resulted in a charge.

Thanks to anyone who can advise me on this.

Dot
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.