No. of Recommendations: 2
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
This is obviously a case of great minds think alike, unless we're lemmings following each other off the cliff. Last week I did some adding on F myself -- both in my brokerage account and in my 401K.
Even though I left my reading glasses at home and am not seeing too clearly today, my hindsight remains fantastic. I'll let you know how well it works out.

Doug
This is obviously a case of great minds think alike

:) I just purchased 2 2013 calls today at strike and premium $7.5 each.

I already have 125 shares in my account. I was thinking of selling 2 covered calls after buying 75 more shares for $15 strike in May at 0.65 premium (IRA account). Essentially executing what they call a diagonal. So if F appreciates, my 2013 calls take care of it. My hope is that in 2013 F should be worth > $15. MUE and SA confirm this thesis. Whether stock tanks or goes up I can keep rolling covered calls to collect monthly premium. Let me know what you guys think of this strategy.

Thanks,

Anurag
No. of Recommendations: 1
Anurag,

I'm an old school investor. Options require more effort on my part, and I'm a minimalist. Less is more. I don't like being time constrained on investments and refuse to think in terms of short windows. I'll occasionally grab trading positions, which may be short term, but at my choosing.

I will give you a comment on the price of Ford stock in 2013. In my opinion betting that F will be worth more than $15 (in 2013) is as close to a sure thing as you could find, with the emphasis on my opinion.

Doug
SA Home Fool
Doug or Jim,

Was wondering if you guys had an a range of intrinsic values for F?

-BLSH
BLSH,

Intrinsic values are heavy lifting. I rarely work that hard at investing. I would point you to a post two weeks ago from rpanton that might help.

http://boards.fool.com/1081/f-financial-data-value-points-29...

Doug
SA Home Fool