Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
To add to what everyone is saying regarding the removal of vitamin products, have you noticed the recent news regarding the recommendation that women over 50 get an ANNUAL mammogram? Used to be recommended further apart and only for those in high risk categories.
To me this implies that the medical establishment states this is your only way to deal with breast cancer...AFTER it is found and then you go to the 'friendly neighborhood cancer center' (pink wallpaper and all!) and endure the most toxic treatments known to mankind. The 'prevention' accelerates the progression of the disease!! This is very threatening to those of us who try alternative methods. This leads into another comment remembered from my past....

The battle about removal of vitamins has been going on for decades. As early as the 1980's we were fighting this battle. (I repped for a major vitamin manufacturer.) The saving grace was that these products were classified as nutritional supplements and there were always tight regulation on what I, as a representative, could say regarding the benefits. Now, with the increase in product categories, imports, etc...it's a bigger battle to fight (and also big pharma is more powerful w/this administration!) It's not going to be easy to fight now.

Foolgirlhere
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.