No. of Recommendations: 0
State lawmakers discussed legislation at a House Tax Policy Committee on Tuesday that would allow a fetus of at least 12-weeks to qualify as a dependent for state income tax purposes.

Current state law allows parents to claim a $3,700 tax deduction for a dependent. WWJ Lansing Bureau Chief Tim Skubick says House Bills 5684 and 5685 will extend that tax exemption to expecting parents.

The fetus tax credit, which could cost the state $5 million to $10 million a year in revenue, is currently pending in a house committee.

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/2012/11/21/michigan-lawmakers-mu...

---

MI has no problem with tax revenues and budgets...... so let's give up 10 million or more a year in revenue.....

Can you imagine the fraud? Hmmm..I"m pregnant....claim the $3700 tax credit...... oops.....miscarried.....same scam next year.....who is going to check it?

Lunacy at work......

t
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
State lawmakers discussed legislation at a House Tax Policy Committee on Tuesday that would allow a fetus of at least 12-weeks to qualify as a dependent for state income tax purposes.
---------------------------------------------------
Does that mean liberals view life as starting at 12 weeks?
No. of Recommendations: 0
Does that mean liberals view life as starting at 12 weeks?

I thought the MI legislature was under Repub control. This proposal isn't going anywhere without Repub support. And they view life as starting when somebody says, "Your place or mine?"

--fleg