Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Regarding the proposals to raise the annual limits for IRA's, does anyone know when this goes to the senate?

If Clinton vetoes this, I'm curious what the odds are of him being overridden. Anyone who follows these things have any predictions?

-Kurt
Print the post Back To Top
Regarding the proposals to raise the annual limits for IRA's, does anyone know when this goes to the senate?

They plan to take it up in September.

If Clinton vetoes this, I'm curious what the odds are of him being overridden. Anyone who follows these things have any predictions?

Stranger things have happened, but I'd say nil. It's an election year, and both sides are jockeying for position. Lots of times members of Congress in the White House's party will vote for a bill they know will be vetoed, but won't vote to override. That way they can tell constituents they voted for it, but still stay in the party's good graces.

It's fine to start budgeting for an increase, but hang on to that check. I don't think it's gonna happen this year.

TMF ExRO
Phil Marti
Why veto something that so many would benefit from? I think that is crazy.
<<Why veto something that so many would benefit from? I think that is crazy.>>

I'm right there with you, Ring! Yeh, that would be just horrible to enable Americans to save more (and be responsible) for their retirement! Shudder at the thought!

I think it's all about power, tax revenue, the Powers-That-Be not believing that Americans can and should be responsible for their own lives. (rant over)

/FocusGirl
<<Why veto something that so many would benefit from? I think that is crazy.>>

For the simple reason that only the "rich" will benefit from any increase (since only the "rich" can afford to put away $10,500 per year into a 401(k) and/or contribute to an IRA)

this means we're all rich, right???

Makes sense, huh???

*tongue in cheek*

DFrank11 (who will only get "rich" by saving and investing as much as I possibly can)