Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
From Representative Ron Paul, of Texas:

http://www.house.gov/paul/tst/tst2005/tst022805.htm

"Americans should expect to see more of the laws we live under being dictated by international bodies. Later this year, all European Union countries will unify their food supplement laws to conform with rules established by a United Nations commission. This commission, called Codex Alimentarius, calls for strict control of dietary supplements. Under the Codex rules, Europeans will need a doctor’s prescription to obtain even basic vitamins. Thanks to the WTO, Americans may find their supplements similarly restricted in an attempt to harmonize the regulatory playing field between the U.S. and Europe."

Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
Americans should expect to see more of the laws we live under being dictated by international bodies.

It is thought that the more capitulating to international bodies the United States is asked to do, the more likely it will be that we look to relatively innocuous demands, such as Codex, on which to capitulate. For example, we're not going to cave on the Kyoto Accord, so we throw the EU a bone and cave on Codex.
No. of Recommendations: 0
will need a doctor’s prescription to obtain even basic vitamins.

I wonder if this could wind up being a bonus for those of us on prescription plans. Some of the vitamins we buy are downright expensive. I wonder how they would be handled by the prescription plans if they must be prescribed. Minimally, I would think they would have to be tax deductible unlike now.

Not advocating it, but just a thought.

IP