Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 2
More Qa Qaa Hitting the Fan

A BUZZFLASH READER CONTRIBUTION

Even more Qa Qaa is hitting the fan now.

In an absolute bombshell appearnce on CNN tonight with Aaron Brown, chief UN weapons inspector David Kay was asked to view the local ABC affiliate in Minneapolis's video that showed troops from the 101st Airborne opening sealed weapons bunkers at Al Qa Qaa on April 18, 2003, one month AFTER the start of the war, and it couldn't possibly have been more devastating.

I'm paraphrasing here, but this is the absolute gist of what was said:

Aaron Brown: "Now, help us out here. What are we looking at? Is this an IAEA seal on this bunker?"

David Kay: "That's exactly what it is. In all my years in Iraq, I've never seen a site padlocked like this, except by the IAEA."

(With a wirecutter a young man cuts through the wire that seals the entrance to this weapons bunker. Inside, everywhere you look there are tons and tons of boxes and packages----and drums of stuff, many clearly marked "explosives.")

http://www.buzzflash.com/contributors/04/10/con04467.html
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.