No. of Recommendations: 1
More reason you should say hi on what will likely be many trips to Atlanta.

Would like to at some point. Until recently, all my trips to Atlanta have been drive down and dump off, get back to other responsibilities. Mostly I've literally dropped him off and headed back north, spending almost no non-driving time there. Am starting to see the light at the end of the tunnel, rounding the corner to more free time.

Who isn't commenting on the semester count...

We were fine with it. Eldest was doing lots of research and in his major it is unusual to get through school in 8 semesters. Plus the school kept on changing requirements on him, which they are apparently a bit known and cursed for, but since he is my only source perhaps that is a bit naive on my part. Our requirement was that he be productive at all times which he did and then some. We were more interested in his building his resume than getting out in 4 years, particularly since he didn't even turn 18 until his second semester. It actually took him 10 semesters, but he paid for the last one in full from his coop earnings, so whatever. Too many semesters of only 12 credits but some of those short semesters were overseas,(IMO experiencing the country you are in is as important as the classes,) which is basically half price for us out of state-ers, so we were cool with that. (GT charges in state tuition for semesters abroad...a bargain and a half!)

And I am not going to argue given the return on investment. Cyber security is a hot career path right now.

IP
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.