Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0

Every day it seems another form of government is reporting how much revenues are missing expectations and the need for more cuts.

New Jersey is the latest, with revenue so far down the governer now wants to do deeper cuts than the $2.7 billion proposed recently.

The single item that got my attention the most was fuel tax, "motor fuels tax revenue was 33 percent under budget."  I don't know the structure of this tax, but how the heck do things like fuel tax drop by 33%?????

One thing is clear, all levels of government, federal, state and municipal, are reporting serious short falls in revenue.

Bespoken has a warning about gold.  They have plotted the price of gold versus the USD and gold is parabolic. Look at the chart and if that's the kind chart you like to buy, go for it...  It looks like a good way to take a hit to me...

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.