Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
more thoughts on MOWING:

I agree with Sharon, too. There is something unnerving about this poem and the subtle associations with silence and death. Frost has a unique ability to take us with him to that quiet , lonely place which we all retreat to sooner or later. We work because we have to, and because it passes the time, but some moments you just can't escape, no matter how busy you are.

"anything more than the truth would have seemed too weak" is a very powerful line. We struggle to tame nature, to fight the current, to soldier on, and yet the true perfection is hearing that silence.

I'm rambling (sorry!), and don't pretend to be an expert on Frost, I just love how he chooses his words so carefully.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.