Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Morning

4 egg whites + 1/2 a yolk with cheese. Of course, I beat it 100 times, with some cream, add a bit of water, and it's fluffy as all heck. Full firm tomato sliced on the side, white toast. All served piping hot (I only eat it hot as hell and I take all the time in the world to prepare my stuff)

Afternoon
Burger King. I love my solo car dates with laptop, or Economist magazine.

Whopper With Cheese.
Fries (though they are inferior to McD fries)
Large Coke

Dessert: A small cheeseburger, and a soft-serve cone.

Just a lovely meal.

Nothing since then, I'll have a Kiwi and water before bed.
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 3
Yeah, it’s pretty slow on a lot of the boards.

However, I do remember one of our rituals was to post what we had for whatever meal of the day. :)

So, I shall begin:

Eggbeaters and oatmeal pancake with squash and cherry tomatoes and fresh, hot coffee. Delicious! :)

Lucky Dog
No. of Recommendations: 1
I do remember one of our rituals was to post what we had for whatever meal of the day. :)

Meds, orange juice, raisin bran, black coffee & Houston Chronicle.

ImAGolfer
No. of Recommendations: 4
However, I do remember one of our rituals was to post what we had for whatever meal of the day. :)

So, I shall begin:

Eggbeaters and oatmeal pancake with squash and cherry tomatoes and fresh, hot coffee. Delicious! :)

Lucky Dog

--------------------

Breakfast this AM, a big mug of strong coffee and a couple of unfiltered Lucky Strikes...
Breakfast this AM, a big mug of strong coffee and a couple of unfiltered Lucky Strikes...

----------------

Sorry, just noticed the typo, Lucky Strikes should be English Muffins...
No. of Recommendations: 2
Food is so much more interesting than politics!!
It sure is more interesting and thought provoking. I was wondering about the fiber content of Lucky Strikes and the Houston newspaper.

Lunch: stir fry and salad with a cup of cottage cheese. I noticed the “best by” date on cottage cheese was today so I might just have it for snacks and dinner so as not to waste it. (I don’t want to tempt fate and smell sour cottage cheese)

Oh, and I’m drinking my last mug of coffee for the day. :)
No. of Recommendations: 5
"Breakfast this AM, a big mug of strong coffee and a couple of unfiltered Lucky Strikes...

----------------

Sorry, just noticed the typo, Lucky Strikes should be English Muffins... "

Folks should always think twice about filtering their english muffins.

Howie52
Then, one day, along came Tony

Ok, I bite, who's Tony?

For Breakfast? Hmmmm, that was several hours ago, so bear with me as I work to recall....

Grits fried in bacon grease under an egg sunny side up, 2 strips of smoked bacon, Dave's Killer toast and breakfast blend black and hot coffee. And the latest edition of Epoch Times on the side.

BruceM
No. of Recommendations: 3
Todays menu: Everything and anything I fancy eating

Sunday Menu : Laxatives and a gallon of colonoscopy prep clear Gatorade followed by clear liquids and encampment in the little room. Fortunately there is nice big crossword in the Sunday paper.

Monday Menu : Morning fasting followed by super sized double What-A-Burger with bacon, more bacon, cheese and jalapenos and a jumbo strawberry shake.

Happy Fathers Day
"Sorry, just noticed the typo, Lucky Strikes should be English Muffins..."

LSMFT
Bruce, here is a more detailed account of Kristallnacht

Here is a more detailed account of the actual Kristallnacht. Nearly 100 people murdered, 30,000 sent to concentration camps, businesses destroyed, synagogues burned. I met one survivor, a rabbi, who was ordered to burn his synagogue. When he refused Nazis maimed his hands. He left Germany the next day and lived but never regained the full use of his hands.
https://www.history.com/topics/holocaust/kristallnacht

Comparing a dustup over a private company’s message board to the true Kristallnacht is the whining of snowflakes.
Thanks for sharing that history BHM; I joined the Fool many moons ago but then spent years away from the boards so missed all of this drama. I certainly do not envy the position of the moderators, but in reading some of those threads it definitely seems that the hand of the hammer was not swinging justly.
No. of Recommendations: 15
Comparing a dustup over a private company’s message board to the true Kristallnacht is the whining of snowflakes. - spinning

-----------------

Point taken. Comparisons to Nazi's are way over the top except when calling Trump a Nazi or a modern day Hitler, right?
I should also say that I miss the old regulars. They were at times funny, insightful, rude, informative, and infuriating. TMF’s actions weren’t the first time I disagreed with a business decision by a private corporation and it won’t be the last.
Morning

4 egg whites + 1/2 a yolk with cheese. Of course, I beat it 100 times, with some cream, add a bit of water, and it's fluffy as all heck. Full firm tomato sliced on the side, white toast. All served piping hot (I only eat it hot as hell and I take all the time in the world to prepare my stuff)

Afternoon
Burger King. I love my solo car dates with laptop, or Economist magazine.

Whopper With Cheese.
Fries (though they are inferior to McD fries)
Large Coke

Dessert: A small cheeseburger, and a soft-serve cone.

Just a lovely meal.

Nothing since then, I'll have a Kiwi and water before bed.
So is this the Swamp of Sadness?

(anyone remember the movie that came from?)

BruceM
" So is this the Swamp of Sadness?

(anyone remember the movie that came from?)

BruceM "

The Neverending Story was a German book before the film.

Howie52
The Bog of Eternal Stench is much more appropriate - or will be if the gods of tech and
politics have their ultimate way.
Please take your shoes off before you enter the room.
The Neverending Story was a German book before the film.

So poor Artax was sucked-under in the mud of the Sumpf der Traurigkeit, despite Atrayu's encouragement?

bummer!

Watched that movie many times with our grandkids. Know most of it by heart.

BruceM