Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Most hardcores have already purchased a communication device that allows the track fan to hear the pit crews strategize during the race. They can change the channels and hear all the going's on of their favorite teams in pit row during the race. So.... the "call" of the race is useless to the avid fan. They have inside coverage. Watch a NASCAR race and see how many fans are wearing those obnoxious headsets. XM last year began broadcasting this feature to give better coverage. I wonder if the channel was done as a result of requests from NASCAR fans who were XM subs?

However, as a subscriber, I cannot tune into the driver of my choice. It is many drivers on one channel. Bandwidth issues probably dont allow XM to do individual driver channels during the race. Anyway, if you are not watching the race, it is very difficult to listen for effect. It's a neat idea but, for me, it required the visual aid of TV. Perhaps really hardcore fanatics can ascertain what's happening from that broadcast.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.