No. of Recommendations: 0
Most likely your biggest issue is going to be SELLING your services. Getting enough business to survive is the issue most profesional service providers have trouble with that KILLS them.
I would recomend a book on selling profesional services, one I recomend is called "The I hate selling" book. "Selling the invisible" is another one that I would recomend.

You'll only be able to make so many mistakes before you go out of business. My sugstion is to learn about all the ones others have done and NOT do them. This is very simple and very hard.
Finding people who have done what you've done and asking them where they screwed up when they started or what they would do diffrently is a good place to start. In that light, I also would recomend a book written by a mentor and friend of mine called "Guts and borrowed money" I would read that book and pick up on all the "mistakes" someone who made it did, and not do them. Most people DO NOT EVER spend time learning about mistakes, and I think they are one of the most valuable learning tools ever.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.