Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 46
Most people also seem to instinctively do the wrong thing at the wrong time. The worst mistake is probably selling winners and holding losers. I've been guilty of it and finding this board 18 months ago has helped me eliminate that problem. The me from two years ago would have probably held NTNX after taking a 20% loss and then I'd be down another 40% on top of that while missing out on the 50%+ gain I've had from sticking that NTNX money into other things. This is probably the most important thing I've learned from Saul's board and it's not something I haven't been aware of in the past but for whatever reason it was this board that helped me break the habit of holding losers.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.