Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 9
I received an email from admin@community.fool.com titled [The Motley Fool Community] Summary, however all of the posts and links appear to be in a restricted site as it says I don't have an authorized subscription.

If this is part of the premium service, why am I getting the email? If it is not part of the premium service, why am I unable to access these boards?

I was briefly excited as it looked like the MF boards had a brand new look and feel, but when I came here to these boards it was the same old, same old. Did anyone else receive this email on November 24th?
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Hi dsemmler,

The Motley Fool is testing new boards and is piloting them with the MF Options service. Current members of that service have access to the site. If you were a member in the past, it's possible someone replied to one of your old posts and that caused the email to trigger and be sent to you. Most folks are working with new posts over there but we have had a few responses to some fairly old posts.

If you are a current member, you should have access and can contact Member Service to help figure out why you do not.

Thanks for letting us know - we'll look into making sure past members don't receive emails.

Jen Roberts
Board Manager
The Motley Fool is testing new boards and is piloting them with the MF Options service. Current members of that service have access to the site. If you were a member in the past, it's possible someone replied to one of your old posts and that caused the email to trigger and be sent to you. Most folks are working with new posts over there but we have had a few responses to some fairly old posts.

If you are a current member, you should have access and can contact Member Service to help figure out why you do not.

Thanks for letting us know - we'll look into making sure past members don't receive emails.

Jen Roberts
Board Manager

Jen, appreciate the feedback and investigation. As an FYI, I don't recall having ever signed up for any of the premium Fool services but have been a member here on the public boards for quite some time. It would seem possible there is an old post, possibly on a board that was moved within a premium service, where I had replied or subscribed.

FWIW, the look & feel of the board posts from the email looks like a great change and I hope we may see that here at some point too. Lastly, I did receive another message today so it looks like there is probably a weekly message being distributed that I somehow got included on (which I don't mind getting until the kinks are worked out).
No. of Recommendations: 1
Like dssemler I have been here for a very long time, have not subscribed to any of the premium services, and have received a couple of those emails, including one today.

It isn't a problem, just an fyi.
I've also been here for a very long time, never signed up for premium boards and have had a couple of emails including one today.
Me too - keep getting them??
I've never gotten any SPAM from TMF...

ww.feelsleftout.pl/coldrain/LOL/

Hey all,

Sorry, I took some vacation last week and am playing catch up.

I'll take a look...it's probably just some setting that needs adjusting to stop sending emails out.

Poodle - sorry you feel left out :(

Jen
Poodle - sorry you feel left out :(

Jen

~~~

LOL... we can keep it this way, if you don't mind. (o:

ww.doesnotlikechange.pl/exceptquarters.halfdollarsandsilverd...

I’m getting them too- same scenario- slightly annoying….