No. of Recommendations: 0
Some of the funniest Simpsons episodes are based on movies. I love the Cape Fear sendup with Sideshow Bob stalking OFF on a houseboat, only to be stalled when Bart asks him to sing the entire score of HMS Pinafore and arrested when the boat crashes into the brothel where the entire police force is, um, sleeping. My second favorite is the Pulp Fiction episode, but I thought the Run, Lola, Run sendup was a bit forced. Any more I'm missing?

Uhura :o)
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 1
I get more out of the singular movie moments, like when Homer is the Indiana Jones boulder rolling down the stairs after Bart in the morning.
My fave is the one where Maggie's daycare turns into the final scene from The Birds. With all of them sucking on their pacifiers, the sounds were right on.

trap
I get more out of the singular movie moments

I have to agree with you on that one. As cool as a whole movie parody is, it's so much cooler when they just do a quick little reference to a movie (like Mark Hammil being carried out of the auditorium ala, The Bodyguard)

Agent
My fave is the one where Maggie's daycare turns into the final scene from The Birds. With all of them sucking on their pacifiers, the sounds were right on.

This one also had a homage to The Great Escape with Maggie playing the Steve McQueen role.

The Treehouse of Horrors had a Dracula episode and a Trilogy of Terror, Krusty the Klown doll coming to life one. There was also a King Kong Treehouse. And, of course, the Shining.

The episode where Santa's Little Helper becomes a father is a 101 Dalmations based episode.

Monorail was based on The Music Man, or something like that.

The episode where Lisa writes the essay for Reading Digest is called Mr. Lisa Goes to Washington.

There are definatly more...

I'm surprised no one's mentioned this one yet, but the "Citzen Kane" take-off is a good one, with Bobo the bear.
>>And, of course, the Shining.

(In my best Scottish Accent)
Shhu... The Shinning...Do you want to get sued.
In the episode when Homer & Flanders were best buds, there was a scene from Terminator 2 when Homer had a putter and a 9-iron in his hands and wanted to play pitch & putt with Ned. The Flanders' tried to escape in their Geo and he started climbing their car with his golf clubs. haha