Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
We will be moving within a year as a condition of my husbands mew employment. We will only be moving about 30 miles from our current residence, but it's a requirement of his job that he live in the new county where his job is located (he will be an employee of the new county). He would not have been hired if he hadn't agreed to move.

Would our moving expenses be deductable?

Will it make any difference if we move, but retain ownership of our old house and convert it to rental property?

Thanks in advance,

Print the post  


In accordance with IRS Circular 230, you cannot use the contents of any post on The Motley Fool's message boards to avoid tax-related penalties under the Internal Revenue Code or applicable state or local tax law provisions.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.