No. of Recommendations: 11
First of all, please dont take this the wrong way. I have learned a great deal from reading thousands of post on this board and am very indebted to all that post here.

I have decided it is time for me to leave this board. After all the cost cutting measures and Frugal Tips, there is only so much I can take. I may occasionaly drop by, but I have decided there are a few better things I can do. Let me explain. After reading several great books recommended by Fools (millionare next door, instant millionaire, rich dad, poor dad, etc.) I have decided that too much of the LBYM mindset is not for me, that in fact, it is limiting my thinking. There is often too much emphasis on the best "deal" for this or that, or what do with "soap slivers", etc. While I have incorporated many of these ideas in my habits and plan, I dont want to be limiting myself. How many here on this board "work for money" as quoted from Rich Dad, Poor Dad? I would say the majority, myself included. I like the security of the paycheck/benefits/retirement plan- who wouldnt? But there is more out there for me. I know that I will have millions when I am old, simply becuase I have time to save that much. I intend however, to have millions much earlier, not because I need money to be happy, but because given the choice, I would choose to have my daily expenses be a miniscule fraction of my wealth, this way having freedom to choose my lifestyle and time expenditures. I intend, by the way, to not let my costs of living escalate proportionally with my income. So instead of this board, I will learn from other boards on TMF that also have great lessons/education which will help me improve my wealth-building skills: Tax Board (one of the best in my opinion), Retirement Early (nothing like learning from the Masters), Quicken (free lessons to improve your skills), Self Employed (People who work for themselves not others- think about that for a moment), etc. Yes it is true Im starting quite possibly at the bottom of the ladder, laden with debt and not much in the way of assets. But I have my intellect, desire, and determination- and with some initiation and resourcefulness, the freedom will be mine.
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.