Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
I am self-employed and have a Roth-IRA; my wife has a 403(b); both are in mutual funds. Wife is going to leave job, probably work in 1 1/2 yr. at new job. Want to be Foolish and invest for my retirement in stocks. Is it possible to roll-over both my wife's and my existing retirement acct.s into a combined brokerage retirement account or must they be separate? When my wife goes back to work and has a 403(b) or a 401k, can her retirement contributions go into a personal IRA brokerage account instead of the 401k's mutual funds, or must all personal brokerage account contributions be post taxes and separate from company's retirement plan? I know, I should call my retirement accounts;just wanted some Foolish advice. Thanks.
Print the post  


The Retirement Investing Board
This is the board for all discussions related to Investing for and during retirement. To keep the board relevant and Foolish to everyone, please avoid making any posts pertaining to political partisanship. Fool on and Retire on!
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.