Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
My questions are many, so hang on - I am getting ready to make a move (leaving a job of 5 years to start a completely new career). It seems to make sense that I would have better luck purchasing/leasing a new car now before I leave, rather than waiting until I get to my new job. The state I live in does not have sales tax, and has very low registration fees but the new one does have sales tax and very high registration costs.

So here are some questions I'm wrestling with...can I buy a car in the state I live in now and take delivery in the state I'm moving to? Will I be charged by the dealer to do that? will I still have to pay the sales tax when I register in the new state? can I set up a lease and then move to another state?

I am also trying to research which car to buy...and am looking for a specific type, not a specific model (V-8, 4 door passenger car, GM or Ford)..does anyone have any suggestions as to good websites where I can search by those specifics? I want to have a fuel conversion package installed in the car, that's why I need to meet those requirements.

Thanks for any info
tucsrock

Print the post  

Announcements

Beware Flood-Damaged Cars
Know what you are getting, don't get stuck with a Katrina victim. Check these links before you buy.
Disclaimer - Please Read
A message about professional advice.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.