Skip to main content
Update
The boards are getting a new home!

We're pleased to announce an update is coming to the community boards.

Sunday, September 25th: We are migrating the boards to a new platform. The site is currently in read-only mode and we will bring it back online as soon as the migration is complete.

Fool.com | The Motley Fool Community
This Board Has Moved

This board has been migrated to our new platform! Click below to continue the discussion on the new site.

Go to the New Site
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 3
Standing here listening to Donna the Buffalo. Good music for sure. Hope all is well with you. Peace.

AS
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 11
Funny. I have not been here for as long as I can remember. Which is about a nanosecond . I was reading an article from my stock quote feed and realized it was a MF article.I decided to come back to the old neighborhood , lo and behold I see my name . On top of it all , written by you Danny. Thank you, from the bottom of my heart . All is well my friend . So much has transpired since I was here that it is difficult to even know where to begin , let alone where I left off , on this journey. First and foremost, I miss David. David changed my life through his unselfish sharing of wisdom , along with the fellowship and friendship of those I called my friends. Those I found in the fourth dimension, on this site . Thank you David and thanks to you all. I retired from building furniture. Close to 40 years and 100,000 hours in the shop were enough for now . My creative energies were turned to blowing Blues harp. Set up my amps in the shop and have become dedicated and disciplined in my playing. Something I lacked with it the last 50 years. The last 4 or 5 years have been a joy and a humbling experience . I just returned from Paris last week. I was there for about 7 weeks .Extraordinary City. This is the fourth year I have been there. Same flat , about ten minutes from Notre Dame. About a block from the Seine. Stay about 6-7 weeks a year. In the Fall. City of the artistically depraved. My kind of town. All the women look at me with disgust and disdain , which I find attractive in a gal. I just put two and two together , perhaps it is the rat hordes that I draws my attraction. I have felt like Napoleon , every year returning from Elba with my vermin minions and hordes. Although , this year I have sensed dissension amongst the ranks . So , without further ado , I must say adieu .Thank you Danny . Long story short , all is well , and all is as it should be. How else can it be? Peace? I believe so , more then I ever thought I would be gifted. Much more important then happiness , as far as I am concerned. Thanks to all and I wish all the very best. Hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday season. .... mrbear
No. of Recommendations: 1
Bear, thanks for the update.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 0
Good to hear from you Steve. I hope all is well with you....mrbear
No. of Recommendations: 2
I hope all is well with you....mrbear

All is great. After 8 years, I can say with conviction that I highly recommend retirement.

Steve
No. of Recommendations: 7
Missing Rat.

Wishing everyone well - and hope we all get past Covid-19.

Good luck all ...
All morning, concerning Apple , I have heard David whispering to me, "Mind the gap". Then I thought, how does the gap work with a stock split? Economic freedom through Apple.... bear
Man , it has been one heckuva long road , from being "The King of Cobalt " to "High Tech Rambler" . Thanks to David Gordon and crew.....bear
Two trillion cap electro-magnet humming...bear
...but as always , we must remain humble .... bear
No. of Recommendations: 2
Two trillion cap electro-magnet humming...bear

Yup. It's not like we have never seen a tech stock bubble before.

Steve
hummmmmm
Decided to poke my head in and see who might still be around. Looks like I missed Bear by 6 months. Crickets otherwise.
Looks like I missed Bear by 6 months. Crickets otherwise.

I still have the board on my watch list. I'm retired and more concerned with capital preservation that squeezing every dollar out of every nickle I have. The wind has been blowing so hard for the last year that I'm staying in my bomb shelter.

Steve
Hope all is well. You been around a long time for sure. Is there anything like the old board where people hang out and share charts and thoughts. Am I just old school?
No. of Recommendations: 3
Is there anything like the old board where people hang out and share charts and thoughts.

There are probably other TA boards, but I don't know their names. I started following Rat during the "broadband bandwagon" days, for names I could do my own analysis on. Only board I follow that has significant traffic now is "macro economic trends and risks". The only company board, of those I follow, that still has regular traffic, is Disney.

My priorities have changed too. I retired 9 years ago, so now I'm more about capital preservation, while generating cash flow to supplement Social Security, than I am on catching "four baggers" by speculating on high tech.

Steve
If he stops by again, just want to add my hopes he is doing well with whatever he is doing.

Ken
Probably not a bubble.

Correction time? Sure why not?

Seasonality? Sure why not?

Whichever....who knows?

But hell on earth scorched territory up ahead? Why live in such fear? I need my PB to be good. I like my sleep on the heavy side.