Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif
No. of Recommendations: 0
Computershare recently took over the dividend re-investment program (DRIP) for Microsoft.

When they took over my kids' account (which has three names on it), Computershare changed the registration from Joint Tenants With Rights of Surviorship (JT WROS) to JT TEN.

As I understand it, some states consider these registrations to be the same...but not all. Since the three names on the account live in three different states (NY, WA, and NC), I called Computershare and asked them to change it back to JT WROS. That was a week or two ago.

They just called this morning, and said they were not going to make the change because there is no difference in the registration.

So I just called investor relations at microsoft and left them a message that I was pissed off...and can Computershare make this registration change with no ones consent? Hopefully this will get squared away quickly.

Any words of wisdom?
Print the post  


What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.