Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
that Greenspan must go-- the sooner, the better. One of the best managed companies in the world comments through its CFO on how fast the economy has fallen! As I had said last May on this board would occur after Greenspan raised interest rates 50 basis points.

I have written James Baker (what a remarkable man) at Shell Plaza, Houston asking that Greenspan be given the pressure that only a beauracrat can execute to get Greenspan out-- have the new Administration force him out. What Greenspan has done, starting with the bilge about "the wealth effect" is despicable, and the sooner a Lindsey or Sowell is appointed to the Fed chairmanship the better this nation will be. President Bush should appoint members (4 are up for appointment/re-appointment-- re-appoint none of them)that will invalidate/contradict/dismiss/ignore/disregard the Greenspan doctrinaire nonsensical deflationiary gold standard rubric that has caused 6 market crashes in 13 years under his tenure.

The nation does not need Greenspan, a clarinetist from Juliard and failed economics forecaster at Townsend Greenspan-- when I was in the business. I remember Greenspan well, and what one of his ex-employees told me back in 1987-- Greenspan was the cruelest man he has known.

Sue me Alan.

Sirius has a remarkable Ground Operation Control Center at McGraw Hill plaza in New York City. Had the opportunity with my son to see it yesterday. Amazing.

Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.