Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 6
I have a small position in MSM. I track its results along with those of FAST to get a sense of overall industrial activity.

MSM results out this morning appear to show improvement and improved customer confidence:

http://seekingalpha.com/pr/16710929-msc-reports-fiscal-2017-...

"While the demand environment remained difficult in our first quarter and pricing remained soft, we saw a better than expected November. As we moved into December, the start of our fiscal second quarter, we saw growth in sales, as well as improvement across all of our customer types and a higher mix of machinery, machine tool accessories, tool holders, and tooling package orders. These capital-related sales have historically increased when customers are more optimistic about investing in their businesses."

As with many industrials the stock has risen sharply since the election. It also had a very strong 2016 up nearly 50% overall. Not that cheap at the moment in my view.

sw
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.