Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 0
Has anyone used the Bill Pay feature on MSN MoneyCentral, through Transpoint? I just signed up today for my six months free, and just thought I'd check to see if anyone had any experiences with it.
Print the post Back To Top
Has anyone used the Bill Pay feature on MSN MoneyCentral, through Transpoint?

pianomanj2k

I can't comment on the MSN MoneyCentral product.

My mortgage holder, CitiMortgage, offers online payment through Transpoint and I am very happy with the Transpoint service. With my NetBank bill pay, it always takes 5 business days from the time the amount is deducted from my NetBank account until the amount is credited by Citi. With Transpoint, I only lose one day on the float.

The Transpoint customer service was questionable. I complained about not getting the detailed information that my paper statement contained, and customer service said 'sorry, you can't get it'. After clicking around I discovered it was there, I just had to learn how to find it.

I'll continue to use Transpoint for this one transaction because it saves me over $1 a month on the float. If they ever cause me a problem however, they're history.

sjcosta38
Steve Costa
My mortgage holder, CitiMortgage, offers online payment through Transpoint and I am very happy with the Transpoint service. With my NetBank bill pay, it always takes 5 business days from the time the amount is deducted from my NetBank account until the amount is credited by Citi. With Transpoint, I only lose one day on the float.

Doesn't CitiMortgage offer ACH payment? I pay a number of bills (mortgage, utilities, credit cards, student loans) via ACH, and I lose zero days on the float - plus I don't have to pay for some online bill presentment system.

Just Curious,
Bruce
Doesn't CitiMortgage offer ACH payment? I pay a number of bills (mortgage, utilities, credit cards, student loans) via ACH, and I lose zero days on the float - plus I don't have to pay for some online bill presentment system.

I clicked the link for ACH payments from the CitiMortage web site and was directed to TransPoint. Transpoint does online presentment of my mortgage statement and deducts the payment from my checking account, if and when I authorize them to. Everything is free, but a limited set of payees is offered, with Citi being the only one offered that I pay. For the one payment I've made so far, there was one day difference between the date the money was taken out of my NetBank account, and the day the payment was applied to my mortgage.

I suspect that the arangement you are refering to is no longer available for new requests, but previous users haven't been transfered to the new system yet.

sjcosta38
Steve Costa