Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 16
Here is one way to build PEG26 using Finder.

1. Start with Stockscouter rating >=8 You could go down to 7 but I don't.
2. P/E ratio:current >1 The official screen is >0 but SS only has >= as a choice.
3. %Price Change Last 6 mo. High As Possible Here is where it gets a bit interactive. What I do is set it to High As Possible, then limit the number to 25 in the box at the upper right corner. I then set the value to whatever the 25th highest value is.
4. Next field down, I put %EPS Growth Next Year to Display only I then click the top of the EPS column to switch between an ascending and decending sort to find the top 10 projected EPS growth rate.
5. Lastly, I create the PEG variable by selecting P/E Ratio: current, manually typing the "/" sign, then selecting %EPS Growth Next Year and setting the operator to Display Only. I use my Mk. 1 eyeballs to select the lowest 5 PEG stocks, excluding any below .2

I freely admit that this seems cumbersome but after you do it a time or two it becomes very easy. Also, there may well be a better way to do it. This is just the way I have done it since Last September or so.

Dave
Print the post Back To Top
No. of Recommendations: 0
Sorry. Fat fingered a couple of things. Getting late here and I am getting punchy.

Step 2. ">1" should read ">=1" and SS should read Finder.
dswagler,

An obvious request. Would you (can you) post a comparison with Fireballs rankings since december?

HD
I wish I could. I never intended to subscribe to LV and since the MI board screens are mostly based on that, I was following it for myself. I do apologize to everyone for being so selfish. I just never saw the Lord Voldemort issue arising, otherwise I would have.
Thanks for your reply. It is really a matter of backtesting. Since the greater part of the work of the board has been trying to prove the validity of screens thru backtesting. Screens pop up like weeds, trusting them is slow in coming. The PEG screen has been my most solid screen and I would like to find a close substitute for VL data.

HD