Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 1
Mucho thanks to Taylor for linked articles. Have returned from vacations to see KNOT still fighting to get above $1, but remain holding, watching and fingercrossing (thus forgive the long post). Most unfortunate that news / wall st. analysis nearly nonexistant now. For example, trying to find info. on weddingpages suit / mediation really tough - even law sites / NY state court home pages reveal nothing. Also, we both know no doubt that SEC filings show low activity - Two largest institutional holders still remain Guardian Trust and Special Sitatuions funds run by Austin Marxe / David Greenhouse (alas, no Peter Lynch or Tom Marsico, *sigh*). GT owned 1.124 mil. shares at 6/30/00 but dropped to 1.111 mil. at 9/30 - had "knot" seen new sec filings. Marxe / Greenhouse filed an updated 13g sec form 11/21/00. Director John Link filed to buy 5000 shares on 11/21, and co-founder Micheal Wolfson filed to sell 35k shs. on 11/7. Several sites (I referenced nasdaq's home site) list 12 institutional holders (what!? they didn't count us?) - 1,815 mil. shares at 12.42% shares outstanding. With a total of over 14 mil. outstanding shares, the sales racks are still stocked. Apparently KNOT gained one new buyer - Merrill Lynch, who risked their lives, limbs, and careers and bought 1100 shs. At least I can smile knowing I hold more shares than Merrill. The business2.com article makes great point of holding onto customers after the wedding (and not just relying on remarriages!?) - a natural growth strategy later (I'm seeing a similar strategy with one of my holdings, teen retailer Wet Seal, who is reaching out to pre-teen girls with recent Zutopia purchase, and holding to them in college / postgrad years with arden B, a rival of bebe.).
Did read recent Barrons burn list with KNOT at 13 mos. - if (when!) KNOT holds on till profitability, we can pat ourselves on the heads for being there early. Life is a risk, so an occasional one taken, like here, might be worth it. And though have been putting cash right now into retailers like Tiffany and techs like Scientific Atlanta and Nortel, KNOT will stay a holding and likely to buy more soon if mkt. stays unstable and OTHER e-plays go under and keep the sector beaten down (and that's REALLY likely). It's knot just reaching for the profit, but the growing customer base and brand name. Keep the word spreading about KNOT! Hang tough.

gp
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.