Skip to main content
No. of Recommendations: 1
I like companies whose valuations are backstopped with pure cash and marketable securities. They have always made me excellent money. For some reaon I missed NTE despite owning it once and mulling over buying it when it traded near $5. I have the following two stocks currently that I purchased when they were trading near cash. They are up since then but the opportunity has not been completely capitalized:

TST: net cash and investements: $78M. MKT cap: 107M. Div: 3%. Cash flow +ve firms.

MOH: net cash and investments: 608M Mkt cap: 1.05B. Cash flow +ve

These have been low margin and very low revenue growth businesses so far but far from dead. Cash/investments backstops their share price quite well and so far my stance has been vindicated with nearly a double in MOH and 30% in TST but the appreciation is long over, IMO.

Anurag
Print the post  

Announcements

When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.