Skip to main content
Message Font: Serif | Sans-Serif

No. of Recommendations: 0
Scollag,
Thanks for posting those links. I can't believe how close my musings were to the current events.

As for the law in these franchise agreements, I don't think that they have been tested in court. Just because there is a contract between the city and TCI, in the form a franchise agreement, does not mean that the terms of the agreement meet the letter of the law. I don't think there is much case law on these agreements, and certaintly the stakes are so high that these cases could eventually make it to the Supreme Court. I'm not an attorney, so maybe some of our Lawyer Fools can comment or give us some links to recent case rulings.

Certainly the recent FCC ruling is a plus for Cable operators everywhere. The market sure liked it with respect to ATHM ;-).

Good Luck,
LuxSit
Print the post  

Announcements

What was Your Dumbest Investment?
Share it with us -- and learn from others' stories of flubs.
When Life Gives You Lemons
We all have had hardships and made poor decisions. The important thing is how we respond and grow. Read the story of a Fool who started from nothing, and looks to gain everything.
Contact Us
Contact Customer Service and other Fool departments here.
Work for Fools?
Winner of the Washingtonian great places to work, and Glassdoor #1 Company to Work For 2015! Have access to all of TMF's online and email products for FREE, and be paid for your contributions to TMF! Click the link and start your Fool career.